Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: AG Hallmark Ornaments

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Shawniec's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2004
    Posts
    274
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi--just wanted to share something I noticed about the AG Hallmark ornaments yesterday:
    Since my girls will likely be getting Kit and Kaya for Christmas, I had been debating getting them the ornaments as well. I was going to put off this purchase as long as possible, but I went in yesterday to check out the ornaments and noticed a somewhat irregular paint job on Kit. Of the 4 Kit ornaments on the shelf, all of them had incomplete paint on the hair. Fortunately the sales lady was kind enough to switch out one of the boxed ornaments for the one she had on display. The Kaya ornaments all seemed fine. I didn't check out the other girls. In all fairness, I used to review graphic design elements in a design and advertising department, so I might be extra obsessive about such details, but I just wanted to let anyone who may be considering buying these ornaments know!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I got an idea for this!

    As you are planning to give them Kit and Kaya. Get them the ornaments as well. Firstly, have the boxes that are Kit and Kaya dolls hidden behind the tree or couch. Give the girls FIRST the ornaments.. let them ooh and ahh.. THEN go and "discover" the hidden dolls without telling them what they are of course! And give the boxes to your girls to open. When they do open the boxes, cover your ears from the excited screams! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member retrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Great idea Ria! I did buy an Addy ornament through ebay for $1 (hehe shipping cost me more). I better check to make sure that she looks okay... not that it matters at this point. I did not know they made an ornament yearly. I was at our Hallmark and they are actually phasing out all the AG stuff.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Shawniec's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2004
    Posts
    274
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ria,
    That is a great idea! We expect to have my in-laws staying with us for Christmas this year, so it will be an extra-special year (they spend every other Christmas with us).
    Retrow,
    As far as I can tell from what I have read on this board and from visiting my local Hallmark stores, it seems like the regular American Girl merchandise is being phased out of Hallmark (at least this is the case at the 3 stores where I have asked about it). However, I know every Hallmark store around my way is carrying the ornaments, so I am guessing that they will continue with the annual ornaments. Also, it looks like at least some of the Hallmark stores will still be carrying Coconut items.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Glad you both like it!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] Just make sure you take tons of pics!

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ October 03, 2004 04:04 PM: Message edited by: AGTeacher ]</font>

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Shawniec's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2004
    Posts
    274
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LOL . . will do: maybe it will inspire me to figure how to put together an album!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Felicityexpert's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 30th, 2004
    Posts
    265
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I saw this years ornaments on Curt Danhauser's site. They were next to the ones of previous years and looked horrible!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •